We have three words for you. Outside. The. Lines. Amy Hatvany’s latest novel. To give you an idea of just how good it is–it’s already in its second print and was selected by Target as the February book pick! Amy is blowin’ up!
Outside the Lines is available TODAY and we’re thrilled to celebrate the release with Amy.
So what is Outside the Lines about?
When Eden was ten years old she found her father, David, bleeding on the bathroom floor. The suicide attempt led to her parents’ divorce, and David all but vanished from Eden’s life. Twenty years later, Eden runs a successful catering company and dreams of opening a restaurant. Since childhood, she has heard from her father only rarely, just enough to know that he’s been living on the streets and struggling with mental illness. But lately there has been no word at all. After a series of failed romantic relationships and a health scare from her mother, Eden decides it’s time to find her father, to forgive him at last, and move forward with her own life. Her search takes her to a downtown Seattle homeless shelter, and to Jack Baker, its handsome and charming director. Jack convinces Eden to volunteer her skills as a professional chef with the shelter. In return, he helps her in her quest. As the connection between Eden and Jack grows stronger, and their investigation brings them closer to David, Eden must come to terms with her true emotions, the secrets her mother has kept from her, and the painful question of whether her father, after all these years, even wants to be found.
And now, without further adieu, heeeeere’s Amy Hatvany sharin’ her 5 Loves and a Dud!
1. The Body Shop’s Satsuma products: I’m telling you, this is the BEST fragrance – almost as good as the fruit itself! I’m always packin’ in my purse – I have the body butter, body scrub, shower gel, and perfume oil. I cannot get enough of it!
2. The Food Network: Seriously, this channel is like crack for me. My husband is a military channel fanatic and gives me a hard time when I’m watching my Barefoot Contessa and Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives, but I tell him food porn is way better than war porn. Am I right?!?
3. My girlfriends: I have one of the best groups of down-and-dirty, tell-it-like-it-is, don’t-take-no-crap-off-me women. Quite simply, they keep me sane, and I could not live without them.
4. Social Networking: Before BEST KEPT SECRET and OUTSIDE THE LINES, I had two books published almost a decade ago, before the dawn of social media, and I cannot tell you how different the experience has been this time around. What a glorious thing to connect not only with other writers, but the beautiful, funny, supportive, amazing readers out there! It sometimes makes me want to weep with gratitude. (Yep, total sap.)
5. My kids: Maybe that’s an easy one, but honestly, I am so in love with them right now! At 12 and 10 they are full of such funny – sometimes even brilliant – bits of perception and wisdom. I adore seeing shades of the grownups they will be mixed in with the babies I cradled. I’m bracing myself for the teen years (yikes!), but until then, enjoying every moment!
Kardashian-mania: Ugh. I can’t tell you how much this overexposed family gets under my skin. I’m a huge reality TV fan, too! Love my Housewives, Top Chef, and the Bachelor – but these people just make me feel like I need to take a shower.